Batch Brew Method
What is the batch brew method? Batch brewing is making small batches of kombucha at one time. This method is best for people who don’t drink kombucha on a daily basis.
YOU WILL NEED:
1/2 gallon glass jar
6 cups water
6 black tea bags
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups pre-brewed kombucha
band to hold filter in place
- Brew the tea – In a small saucepan add 6 cups of water and 6 tea bags. Bring the water to a boil, turn heat down and simmer for a couple minutes. Remove heat and remove tea bags.
- While the tea is hot, add 3/4 cup sugar and stir to dissolve. Let tea cool to room temp.
- In your 1/2 gallon glass jar, pour the 2 cups of pre-made kombucha. Next you will pour your cooled tea into the glass jar (must be cooled, if too hot the heat will kill the bacteria in your pre-made tea).
- Add your scoby to the glass jar – The scoby might sink and that is normal. Cover with the coffee filter and secure the filter with a band.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 7-10 days. At this point your kombucha is ready for consumption. Remove your scoby and refrigerate.
Your kombucha may have formed a new scoby, simply store scobys in a container of kombucha in the refrigerator.
Want to grow your own scoby? Click here to learn how!
This kombucha will not have the carbonation like store bought. To add carbonation the kombucha will need to go through a second ferment….how to coming soon